Hey strangers! Bet you thought I’d be posting twice a week like I said I was going to do… in my last post… last year… right? Well, obviously you were wrong!
This week, I scheduled in bi-weekly blog-time, something I meant to do at some point in January and before I knew it, nearly half of February had past… it was bananas. How did this happen?! I mean, it’s not like I’ve been busy or anything… [insert side-eye emoticon here].
Here’s a quick run-down of what’s been going on in the Frazee household, to get you up to speed…
- I took on Operations Management and lead a small team in the behind-the-scenes duties that keep the day-to-day biz running smoothly, and everyone (staff and guests) happy and set up for success. No biggie, but I’m good at the attention to detail stuff… and, I’m finding, even better at training other people to be good at it so that I can manage the work versus do it myself. Wow, I’m so grown-up. ;)
- I ALSO just took on Merchandising (fun!) and Digital Media (double fun!) for our store. After repeated fanning of my ego by the entire team, and recognizing the need for a little “shake-up” to the vibe our store is putting out there, I stepped up to the plate and took the challenge. I’ve already started to add my level of sass to our store’s Facebook page and I start formal merch training next week. Oh baby, our guests are gonna feel the change, let me tell ya. I’m excited – this is SUPER fun for me.
- I’m also now heading up a team that will be organizing monthly socials and mini-events with different local businesses and local fitness instructors. This is also right up my alley – I’m channelling my event-planner days from years past and putting them to work. Isn’t it funny how life’s twists and turns never leave you empty-handed… there’s always something to be taken from each experience, though you may not realize in the moment what value it will have for you down the road. It just makes me laugh and smile and shake my head… God knows what he’s doing – we seriously shouldn’t ever have a single worry.
- In January, I practiced 27 consecutive days of yoga. That’s right. Twenty-seven days of a 30-day yoga challenge that was cut short by a last-minute, unexpected trip home to Ohio to see my family. It’s okay, though… of course the trip was necessary and healing and wonderful for what it was, and I don’t feel a smidge sorry about missing out on those last three days of yoga. Twenty-seven days in a row is pretty bomb. I’ve set a goal to do a month of yoga every other month for the entire year, and I’m feeling like I will end up doing more. It’s pretty amazing. Since February began, I’ve only gone to into the studio a few times and I’m really missing it. There is something to be said for devoting an hour-and-a-half to two hours every day to connecting your mind, body, and breath. It is life-changing.
- I toyed with the idea of juicing and going meatless for a hot minute, but the Primal Blueprint is what I know best (and what my body craves) so that’s what we’re sticking to for now (that is, until I decide to splurge on a fancy juicer and it’s necessary buddy, the ever-fascinating Vitamix). Tim and I are giving it a break one day a week to enjoy a meal out with friends (helloooo, Pizzeria Oceano this weeekend!), but the holiday season definitely threw us for a loop. Time for re-commitment… again, I’ve got goals, and eating sugar-laden frozen yogurt twice a week is not going to get me where I want to go.
- We’re going to buy a house! Well, a townhouse. Maybe. And we’re not sure where, yet. There are some things up in the air at the moment but I’ll keep you in the loop once I know more details. Both of us, though we’ve loved our tiny apartment for the past two years, are ready to make a move into a bigger space… and to make things more permanent. We’re ready to make some moves.
With other life pursuits:
- I’m going back to school. That’s right. What kind of school you ask? I’ve enrolled in an intense 200-hour Yoga Philosophy and Teacher Training that starts next week and continues through the first of June. It’s something I’ve been wanting to do since I started working at lululemon and dove head first into my practice. When I started researching it and discovered that the school I liked the best had a training starting in February, I figured it was a sign. Why wait? On the horizon: a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner certification, a 500-hour Yoga Teacher certification, and who knows what else. It’s time to create the life I want… I’m so grateful for the coaching I’ve received through lululemon that has opened my eyes to a world of possibility and reminded me that my future does not need to be defined by my past.
- I took control of my schedule. I’ve committed to four full days at lulu, and two-and-three-quarters regular days off, which will give me the time and space I need to commit to school, my husband, my dogs, my home, and my health. And the Heyday Diaries. Duh.
- Tim is going back to school, too! To finish his Business degree. He starts the day before I do… and should be finished by the end of next year. Not too shabby for that long-awaited sense of accomplishment and finality. His career experience definitely outweighs what the degree would have initially provided anyway, but he’s got a commitment to finishing what he started, and it’s such an inspiration to me. We’ll be keeping each other in check and on track now that we’ll be study buddies.
That’s all for now! Stay tuned for a less in-depth, more in-the-moment post later this week. I promise.