Let’s take a little break from nutrition school, shall we? It’s Friday which means, time for something a little lighter.
Here are five things I’ve been loving lately:
- Bija Body. Specifically, Bija Body teas and their Daily Body Serum. A friend of mine introduced me to this stuff (she’s actually one of the babes practicing yoga on a paddle board on the top of the Body Care page!)… her friend owns the company and every morning of our yoga teacher training, she was always drinking the Daily Beauty Tea, in her cute little loose leafe tea tumbler (they sell those too, and you bettabelieve I have one). The Daily Beauty Tea is spicy, herby and delicious, but what I’m into these days is the Baby Mama Tea, of which I happened to have a sample from my first order of tea a while back. It’s a little milder, comforting, and still the same herby goodness.
- The Target Cartwheel App. Okay, so my sister introduced this gem to me and I have to admit, I was not into it at first. Mainly because I was trying to use it in the middle of the store (neglecting to use their free wifi hotspot, duh) and after 15 minutes of attempting to upload and crashing and using up all my battery while standing in the duvet cover aisle, I decided saving a few pennies wasn’t worth it. But seriously. Let the mastah show ya how to get it done. (Movie reference anyone?) Upload your coupons at home on your computer and then just open your app at the store for the barcode. It is seriously awesome. However, it mayyyyy be resulting in more frequent trips to Target. Those sneaky Target masterminds.
- My old lululemon No Limits tank. This was THEE FIRST tank I bought when I first started working at lululemon back in the day, and then suddenly Power Ys and Cool Racerbacks became my favorite and I never wore it again. Also, I had bought a size too big (before I knew what size I was), so the bra was a little loose and it just looked sloppy. Well let me tell you something. The girls are filling up that once-too-big bra quite nicely these days, and the extra room in the belly combined with a super soft and stretchy band around the hips is just what the preg-fashion doctor ordered. I am in love with it all over again and I MIGHT even wear it to the gym. JK, I will.
- The book, Put Your Heart In Your Mouth, by Natasha Campbell-McBride. Okay, crap I said I was taking a break from nutrition, but I lied. If you or anyone you know suffers from heart disease or has been told they are at risk for heart disease, and especially if you and that person still think a low-fat, high carbohydrate diet is healthy and will prevent heart disease… get your head out of your arse and read this book immediately. Sorry, not sorry. It’s SO informative and SO good and will get you all fired up. Or maybe just me.
- My new blue wall in Sherwin Williams, Drizzle. As in, fo shizzle, mah drizzle. This was such a quick, one-wall job that I was able to tackle it myself this week while Tim was traveling. I even did it while listening to a two-hour audio lecture on probiotics! Crap, I said break from nutrition, break from nutrition, Erin. Get it together. Whatever, I’m a nerd and I like it. ;)
What fun things have been on your favorites list recently?